When you or your loved one start finding difficulty dealing with basic tasks at home, it might be a sign to consider assisted living. Assisted living communities offer housekeeping and maintenance services that will save you and your loved one time and stress. It’s not just all about keeping your amenities neat and clean for appearances either – proper housekeeping and maintenance can help prevent household accidents such as falls and their resulting complications.
If you or your loved one are considering the move to assisted living, you might be wondering about what an assisted living housekeeping and maintenance team should provide. We’ve listed them out below.
Why You Need Housekeeping Services
But first, it’s important to understand why exactly housekeeping and maintenance services are so necessary:
- Age impacts the ability to balance, lift and stretch. When performing housekeeping independently, this could lead to an increased risk of falling or other complications. Housekeeping services help keep your space clean and organized for you so that you remain safe.
- Increased free time and mental clarity. All your daily household chores can add up. While vacuuming, outdoor maintenance and laundry might simply be a bit of a grind for younger adults, these tasks can be burdensome at a later age. These daily tasks can easily become overwhelming.
What Should Your Housekeeping and Maintenance Team Provide?
A good housekeeping and maintenance team anticipates any difficulties that might arise in your day-to-day life. Your housekeeping and maintenance team should take care of items both large and small, such as:
- Shopping (this can range from helping you with groceries to hygiene products)
- Making your bed and changing the bedclothes
- Laundry, ironing and folding clothes
- Meal preparation and clean-up
- Cleaning the bathroom – this includes the bath, shower, sinks and toilet
- Cleaning out the sink
- Clearing the fridge and putting away groceries
- Taking out the trash
- Tidying the closet
- Watering plants
- Daily or regular cleaning – vacuuming, mopping, sweeping
While something like watering the plants or putting away the groceries may seem minute, they can really add up on a day-to-day scale. For those in assisted living programs, having someone to help with tasks like these that many people take for granted is imperative. Residents may find it physically challenging to carry these tasks out on a daily or regular basis. If you or your loved one needs memory care and often find that your daily activities are impacted by memory-related diagnoses, having a team to help with the tasks above can not only be comforting but necessary to keep safe and secure.
Housekeeping and Maintenance at Spring Mill
At Spring Mill, our Impressions Housekeeping & Maintenance program is here to ensure that your home will be in expert hands. Our dedicated team keeps your community clean and organized while you go about your day doing the things you enjoy. Have a stress-free time out while knowing that you’ll return at the end of the day to a home that is clean and comfortable. We offer our residents the best Personal Care and SHINE® Memory Care in our community. Contact us today to find out more.