Moving to a senior living community is no easy feat, especially if your loved one has been living in one particular house for a very long time. It’s important that you try your best to ease the anxieties that your loved one feels due to this move. What better way to do that than to spend time with them? Read on to find out why visits to assisted living communities are important for your loved one and what you should be doing as you visit assisted living communities.
Benefits of Visiting Your Loved One in Assisted Living Communities
Here are the reasons why it’s important to visit your loved one and stay connected to them in their assisted living communities:
- Reminds your loved one that you care about them as in-person visits allow you to physically express your love for your loved one.
- Allows you to check on their health and ensure that everything is in order. You might be able to notice emotional or physical changes to their health that the team members in a senior living community might miss. Hence, your visits are useful in ensuring your loved one remains in a healthy and happy state.
- Gives your loved one something to look forward to in the week.
- Keeps your loved ones socially connected, especially if they are more introverted and afraid to make friends in their own retirement communities.
- Breaks the routine of living that your loved one might have gotten used to.
- Allows you to foster a closer relationship with your loved one.
- Eases their feelings of anxiety or stress.
How Can You Make Your Visits to Assisted Living Communities Better?
Quality of the time you spend with your loved ones is always more important than the quantity of time. This is why you should try your very best to find ways to make this time meaningful and try to make the most of your time with your loved ones. Here are some ways you can do so:
- Bring items that you know your loved one enjoys for the visit
- Bring your loved one’s favorite food
- Talk about past memories that you have shared with your loved one
- Decorate your loved one’s room with them to personalize this area
- Read out a book that your loved one enjoys
- Watch a movie together with them
- Knit together or do other crafts together
- Make a scrapbook together
- Play games together
About Life at Spring Mill
If you are looking for a senior living community for your loved one and are unable to find something you truly love, why not consider Spring Mill? We are a resort-style senior living community that puts the needs of all our residents before anything else, which is why you can see so many smiling faces all around our community. We engage our residents in a plethora of activities, ranging from dining experiences to entertainment and many more! Our citizens are never bored with us and are meaningfully engaged, so you can be assured that when your loved one is away from you, they’re in great hands! Contact us today to find out more about life here.