At Spring Mill, we understand the challenges people with dementia face. When your loved one enters our memory care community in Phoenixville, PA, our goal is to guide them along a journey of discovery in all they do. Our nurses and certified nurse assistants, with ongoing education and specialized training in memory care diseases, chart a course of exploration for them that touches on various important aspects of life. Our program is designed to rebuild and preserve that which their affliction has taken from them. From quality meals to personalized care and attention, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands, receiving the best care. You have our word on it.
Our SHINE® Memory Care program has received a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research.
One of only eight nationally recognized programs, SHINE® is a unique personalized approach to memory care that uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension, and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related issues. In our memory care communities, you’ll find experienced team members who provide comprehensive, compassionate care.
Discover the difference our memory care program can make. Contact Spring Mill at 484.255.8732 today to schedule a tour.
What Is SHINE® Memory Care?
Our exclusive SHINE® Memory Care program emphasizes:
- Communication – A superior communication protocol closely links care providers, residents, and families
- Team member training – Each SHINE® team member receives extensive, specialized training and certification, making them uniquely qualified to administer exceptional care
- My Story – A handcrafted My Story book is used every day as a component of the care plan, and helps engage residents by celebrating their life and individuality
- Dining – Our dining experience uses subtle sciences to stimulate appetite, interaction, awareness, and participation
- Life enhancement – Purpose-driven enrichment through group and one-on-one activities, sensory experiences, and quiet and relaxed moments
- Neighborhood design – Created with safety and security, convenience and health and happiness in mind
Discover the difference that our time-tested, evidence-based memory care program can make.
The SHINE® Memory Care Program: An Exploration of Discovery
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem by:
- Celebrating each small success one at a time
- Encouraging active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focusing on strengths rather than limitations
- Promoting physical exercise, stimulating mental activity, and helping to maintain social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights by:
- Providing nutrient-dense gourmet meals to promote overall good health
- Encouraging active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Serving meals in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day, allowing residents to focus on eating
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities by:
- Providing purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Gearing activities to residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Providing activities that are non-competitive, failure-free, and age-appropriate
- Planning activities that match residents’ attention span
Discover Friendships and Belonging by:
- Providing active participation and support in personal care activities to maintain maximum sense of control and independence
- Promoting personal care activities because they define how a person is personally perceived by their peers, family and friends
- Encouraging work/productive activities to provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Providing play/leisure activity to promote friendships and pleasure
Contact Spring Mill Today
For more information on our memory care program in Phoenixville, PA, reach out to our team. We invite you to experience “A Day in the Life” of one of our residents and take a tour of our resort-style senior living community. It would be our pleasure to speak with you about your loved one’s personal needs–call us today at 484.255.8732.