The Philadelphia suburb of Phoenixville is known regionally as an excellent place to go to enjoy arts and culture, as well as to experience the great outdoors. In fact, with no less than 16 public parks, everyone from families to outdoor enthusiasts and everyone in between are sure to find their fair share of excitement here. Throw in the borough’s rich history and it’s no wonder that Visit Philadelphia named Phoenixville one of the Top Towns of the Philadelphia Countryside!
In 1917, Harry Houdini famously escaped a burglar-proof safe before an audience of 300 at Phoenixville’s own Colonial Theatre, which to this day is the town’s showpiece and the heartbeat of its burgeoning arts and culture scene. But arts and culture buffs aren’t the only ones who love the lifestyle in Phoenixville.
Nature lovers will treasure the area’s Schuylkill River Trail, not to mention the 10,000+ acres of wildlife and natural areas which are perfect for hiking, fishing, camping and seeking out new adventures. And from there, head back into town to experience Phoenixville’s many events and festivals, which celebrate everything from food and music to veterans and much more. There’s even the annual Blobfest, which celebrates the community’s starring role in the 1958 film, The Blob.
Whether rooted in its rich history and tradition, or part of the area’s more modern transformation, Phoenixville is both charming and complex, with eclectic influences that do much to define the overall character of a place that so many of us are proud to call our home.
Area Landmarks & Points of Interest Include:
Arts & Entertainment
- The Theatre at Yellow Springs (3.5 miles)
- Forge Theater (3.8 miles)
- Wharton Esherick Museum (8.9 miles)
- Philip & Muriel Berman Museum of Art (9.4 miles)
- Kimberton Park (1.0 mile)
- French Creek Heritage Trail (1.9 miles)
- Pickering Valley Golf Club (5.0 miles)
- Black Rock Sanctuary (5.1 miles)
- Valley Forge National Historical Park (6.5 miles)
Shopping & Dining
- Phoenixville Farmer’s Market (3.8 miles)
- Downtown Phoenixville (3.8 miles)
- ACME Markets (4.2 miles)
- Bluebird Distilling (4.2 miles)
- Providence Town Center (7.1 miles)
- Philadelphia Premium Outlets (10.7 miles)
- King of Prussia Mall (12.0 miles)
- Tower Health Phoenixville Hospital (3.7 miles)