Personal care services are one-on-one aid with fundamental, everyday tasks that a person cannot manage without help. These services, which help an individual with what are called Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs), are often sufficient to support a person in achieving improved quality of life. If you are considering making a move to senior living in Phoenixville, PA, here are several floor plan recommendations that you can choose from.
Personal Care Services
The ADLs and IADLs covered by personal care are extensive. All of these are essential to a person’s well-being and independence, and without them, they would be at risk of harming themselves or others while attempting to maintain a secure living environment.
Help with the following are some of the types of personal care services provided:
- Medication management
- Meal preparation
To personalize your care, your senior care plan will reflect your preferences in terms of things like food, hygiene items, and other people with whom you prefer to interact. Your plan will always include detailed instructions for your caregiver, including how often and how to perform certain chores like shaving and caring for diabetic feet.
Each caregiver has received extensive training in the field of providing care for others in a way that is both professional and sensitive to the one receiving it. They receive thorough training in which they learn the value of always respecting your privacy and personal space and promoting your independence.
Caregivers can assist with many facets of personal care, but there may be some tasks you would rather handle yourself. A good caregiver will always respect your need for personal space and actively promote your efforts toward self-sufficiency.
Benefits of Personal Care
When compared to independent living, senior lifestyle options like assisted living or memory care offer personal care which can have many advantages to the elderly. They are as follows:
- Specialized Care – Caregivers offering personal care can tailor their services to each individual resident. The level of care required varies greatly from case to case, with some requiring around-the-clock attention and others requiring far less than an hour each day.
- Improved Quality of Life – The elderly is able to stay as independent as possible throughout their retirement and develop meaningful relationships with their caregivers because of the personal care services provided.
Personal Care Apartments
The convenience and security of residents are always the primary considerations in the construction of personal care floor plans. Each apartment can have the following characteristics:
- Stylish one- and two-bedroom suites
- Apartment-style kitchenette with a fridge and a microwave
- Anti-slip modern vinyl flooring in the kitchenette and bathrooms
- Bedroom and living room carpets of neutral tones
- Easy-to-use walk-in showers
- Ample cabinet and closet storage
- Remotely operated shades and air conditioners
- In-house laundry services are offered
Personal Care Floor Plans
- One-bathroom suite
- One-bathroom, one-bedroom suite
- One-bathroom, two-bedroom suite